The Power of Video – Video has become the Most IMPORTANT source of CONTENT
- 85% of the US internet audience watch videos online (Mist Media)
- Videos are shared 1200% more times than links and text combined. (Orion21)
- Internet video traffic will be 70% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017 (Cisco)
- Companies are spending billions on video – $10 billion in 2015.
In a recent TIME interview, Daniel Fisher, senior vice president at a London-based video monetization firm Rightster provided some insight on the video market. “We have seen, in the last four or five years, an enormous collection of high-definition content being uploaded primarily to YouTube….
- 1 billion – People use YouTube
- 4 billion – YouTube’s 2014 revenue
- 4 billion – Video Views on YouTube per day
- 6 billion – Hours of Video watched per month
Mist Media Reports
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (Source: Mist Media)
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%.(Source: Mist Media)
- Having video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (Source: Mist Media)
Orion 21 Reports
- Landing pages with video have up to 800% more conversion than the same page without a video. (Source: Orion21).
- Videos are shared 1200% more times than links and text combined. (Source: Orion21)
- 59%of senior executives prefer video over text. (Source: Brainshark)
- Information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. (Source: Brainshark)
Marketing Sherpa Reports
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors, doubles their time spent on the site and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors and doubles their time spent on the site. (Source: MarketingSherpa).
- 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines by including more video on your site (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. (insivia)
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process (insivia)
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females. (Sources:comScore and Nielsen)
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors. (Comscore)
Internet Retailer Reports
- According to Internet Retailer,52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions.
- When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times. (Internet Retailer)
- Internet Retailer reports that shoppers who viewed video on Stacks and Stacks product pages were 144% more likely to add to cart than other shoppers. (Internet Retailer)
- Shoppers who view video at Onlineshoes.com convert at a 45% higher rate than other shoppers, and the site has seen a 359% year-over-year increase in video views. Product pages with video have higher conversion rates than product pages without video. (Internet Retailer)
- Visitors who view product videos are85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not. (Internet Retailer)
- Over 90% of shoppers surveyed found video useful in making purchase decisions, according to a study of Swimwear Boutique (Internet Retailer)
- com found that viewers who chose to view video converted at a 400% increase over those who did not. Ice.com also credits video with decreasing returns by 25%. (Internet Retailer)
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video. (Source: Internet Retailer)
- 52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions. (Invodo)
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (Invodo)
- Internet video traffic will be 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017. (Cisco)
- By 2016, 2/3rds of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video according to (Cisco)